Friday, December 30, 2011

Out With the Old, In With the New!!

Hard to believe it's almost 2012.  I always look forward to the new year because you can never tell what it will bring.  I'm looking forward to staying busy as usual, but I'd like to also finish my sequel to Zombified. 

Our oldest son, John, will most likely be deployed to Afghanistan and we're not looking forward to that, but we will keep the faith that God will bring him home safely to his family. 

Watching how rapidly the grandkids grow and change each year always amazes me.  They crack me up with the things they do and say - I love them very much!!

I usually don't make resolutions and the last few years I've worked to improve my health such as quitting smoking and losing weight.  I've been successful, but it still didn't stop me from becoming diabetic.  This new year I am hoping to get off the pills and my doctor is optimistic that I can if I keep dropping the pounds.

I know the new year will throw me some surprises, but hey, that's what life is all about.  I'm thankful for my family and that everyone is happy and going strong.  Guess that's about all we can hope for and I thank God for all the blessings in my life. 

I wish everyone a wonderful and fulfilling new year with many more to come!

1 comment:

  1. Will say a prayer for you and your son for his safe return!
    Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my blogger friends, so go ahead and comment away!