Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Well Hello CreateSpace! I Think.

I'm happy to say my book is selling, just checked and sold another one - yay!  However, I have several family members who are elderly and aren't into anything online and they want a copy of my book.  So once again after doing some research, Amazon has CreateSpace, a place where you can upload your novel and order copies and the price is fair.  I was very happy, even though I had to reformat my book again.  Kindle formats all books their way, but with CreateSpace you must send them a finished book, including the cover and back page.  So I'm almost done formatting, just trying to decide where I want to put the page numbers when I ran into a snag.  I have to send the book as a pdf.  I have no way to do that, my daughter already downloaded the trial version of Adobe Photoshop and it's expired so can't use that.  I can use Adobe Reader, it directs me to a place that I can use and I'm thinking of doing that, or I can download CutePDF and use that.  I will have to look both over again before deciding.  If I use the reader, I have to upload the file and get it back from them and I don't really like that idea, so I'm leaning toward CutePDF.  Well, will let you know how it all goes.  Think I'm going to watch a quick YouTube video on uploading to CreateSpace as well so I don't miss anything there.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! You sound savvy...I'm sure you'll figure it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Char, I think you'll like CreateSpace. I've done 5 titles with them and had some lessons to learn, but once I got the hang of it... it's been terrific.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my blogger friends, so go ahead and comment away!