Monday, April 18, 2011

Ok So I Lowered the Price to My New Book - Hey I'm Still Learning!

When I put my novel up on Kindle, I did the research and thought I had priced it fairly.  Zombified is a full length novel, over 77k words and 39 chapters.  However, after visiting the forums and seeing what's really going on, I've decided to lower it.  I'm not sure I like what I see happening there.  There are so many books that authors are dropping the prices unbelievably low.  I worked hard on my book and the most important thing to me is that people read it, so I dropped the price (takes effect in 24 hours).  However, I would like to make a little money.  Perhaps it is wise to go low at first, build up a name for yourself, then you can set a higher price.  Guess I  will just have to wait and see how it all works out. 

If anyone has advice on any blog I've written please share, I'm all ears here! :D

2 comments:

  1. Just my opinion but it seems odd that so many authors would be dropping their prices so low. You would think they would put more value on their hard work. Is it worth putting up for sale if you are practically giving it away?
    Hope whatever you decide on it works for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that could be a smart idea. Since you are starting out, who knows though. I can't wait to find out if you are selling a bunch!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my blogger friends, so go ahead and comment away!