Friday, April 15, 2011

Getting Your Name Out There - Full Time Job in Itself?

Ok, my book is published on Kindle and people can search for something similar and they may see it.  Common sense tells me that probably is not enough.  So, I joined Kindle's forum and created an Amazon Author Page that links to the book.  Friends and family on Facebook are spreading the word and I think them so much for that!  I blog but don't have Twitter (yet).  I know Twitter can be an important networking tool, I'm just reluctant to add another social network to my ever-growing list.  If I'm making a mistake with Twitter, please let me know how it can benefit me. 

I do have two other books in progress right now and I need time to write so perhaps I need to manage my time in a more effective manner.  I have family obligations too, such as watching my grandson during the week, and that take priority and always will.  Overall, my life is pretty busy right now, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  Guess getting my name out there will be a process that takes time, just like anything else done correctly.  :D     

4 comments:

  1. This sounds very unique, I know nothing about it.I hope to hear all you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't give any advice on twitter. I have a twitter account and I never could see the point of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you thought about getting a couple of Kindle book review blogs a chance to write a review on it? Might be another good way to get your name out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the idea, how would I go about finding one?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my blogger friends, so go ahead and comment away!