Saturday, November 13, 2010

Lessons Learned So Far...

On my journey to become a successful, published author I've learned quite a few things; like make sure your novel is long enough to please the puslishers.  One great idea is to thoroughly research where you're sending your work.  There are a million and one things you can do to get your name "out there" before you even think about sending out your book, like starting a blog.  Too much work?  Self-publishing could be the answer.  Who knows, maybe all the above will work.  Maybe nothing will work.  All I know is that I have spent the last several months doing different things and I'm not sure if it's paying off in regard to getting me noticed, but it is helping me to stay sharp and I've learned so much!  I write a lot more and that has built up my self confidence.  The reason I started this blog was to write down this journey, didn't realize at the time how far it would take me.  As I continue down this road, I hope you join me from time to time, who knows - you may learn something too!     

1 comment:

  1. half the fun in any journey is the things you learn along the way.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my blogger friends, so go ahead and comment away!