Monday, November 8, 2010

Getting Ready to Compose and Send Query Letters - Have Any Tips or Hints?

I have almost finished editing my novel - yay!  Now comes the really hard part - writing the dreaded query letter.  I believe most publishers request a synposis of every chapter.  My book has 28 chapters and an epilogue.  So, I am doing research right now on the best way to go about it, looks like short and to the point works best for each chapter, and to lay it all out on the table.  Keeping the juicy parts from the publisher to "surprise" them when they actually read the book is not a smart thing to do.  You want them to know the juicy parts right off (which makes sense).  Ok, so far everything I've learned I would do anyway.  If anyone has any great hints or tips for me, please comment below. 

I hope everyone has a great week!  Thank you for stopping by and reading my posts, it means a lot to me! 

2 comments:

  1. congratulations on finishing. Don't know a thing about query letters though so I can't offer any suggestions

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my blogger friends, so go ahead and comment away!