Sunday, August 8, 2010

Do You Freecycle?

I've belonged to our town's Freecycle group for quite a few years now.  For those of you who aren't familiar with it, if you have something you want to get rid of (can be absolutely anything), you post what it is and people who are signed up will respond via email if they're interested.  Then you just have to decide where to meet to give them the item...around here a lot of folks just go to people's homes to pick up the items.  I've seen everything from flowers and fish to baby items and cars posted.  Everything is free, you have to give the item(s) away and no trading, either. 

So if you're interested, check it out, it's a great way to recycle unused items.  Here's the link:  http://www.freecycle.org/

3 comments:

  1. I've heard of freecycle but have never checked it out. I'll have to go take a look

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard of this, but it does sound fun.I gave away a bedroom set and complete living room to a family who had just got their 1st house.i have an open invite for dinner any time. Saved me keeping it in storage when I went to a totally smaller home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on my local freecycle list and somethings have been good, but then I got together a whole pile of things requested by one person and they never responded after that.. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my blogger friends, so go ahead and comment away!