Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Great Bathtub Remodel - Part II

Didn't post until now because between caring for my grandson and helping hubby, just been too busy and/or tired.  Yesterday hubby tore out the old tub, today he put in the new fittings and we brought the new (and much, much lighter) tub in and guess what?  The tub won't fit (sigh).  We tried to get by without tearing out too many tiles, but we have to remove most of the ones in the back to get the tub in, it will fit that way.  However, they don't make tiles the size we have anymore so its just better to remove all the tiles in the tub alcove.  So our job just got a bit bigger.  I will post photos tomorrow of what we've done so far, at least I intend to, we'll see how it goes.

4 comments:

  1. Slice your wallboard out and start all over new, this is the easy way.I have done tons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's what will probably happen, he just keeps cutting more and more away...

    ReplyDelete
  3. isn't that the way home improvement projects always seem to go?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see pictures!!! I love the before and after! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my blogger friends, so go ahead and comment away!