Sunday, July 25, 2010

Can I Write About Nothing in Particular, Please?

I always have something to say, at least I thought I did, until yesterday.  I came here three times yesterday to do my blog, but just sat here staring at the New Post page.  The blank New Post page.  The realization finally came to me - I had Blogger's Block!  All my ideas and thoughts fluttered out of my head and blew away on the breeze generated by the ceiling fan.  Any new idea or thought that fluttered into my head dissolved on contact with my brain.

I've written enough to realize when this occurs, to get up and get away.  Go do something, take my mind off the very thought of writing for a time.  Of course, I've been doing nothing but writing lately, so maybe I did  need that break.  However, my break lasted about 8 hours - started a new short story last night.

Today I sat down, determined to write about something interesting.  I find lots of things interesting and I'm sure you do, too.  Once again, I could think of nothing in particular.  So I'm writing my thoughts out as they come, guess that's just as much a part of writing as sitting down with something planned. 

Spontaneous writing is fun, I've learned that from writing my stories.  I often start a story and it takes on a life of its own.  You end up with something very different than what you originally envisioned.  That's the fun part, seeing where your imagination is taking you, like you're almost going along for the ride, a spectator of sorts.

Ok, writing a novel again, so I'm going for now.  The weekend is almost over and the week ahead is going to be interesting, but I'll write about that later.  I hope everyone has a wonderful, productive, and fulfilling week!   

   

2 comments:

  1. Writing is good no mater how it comes to you! I love starting something and seeing where it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you can write about nothing in particular. Heck if I can post an excuse for not blogging you can certainly go with the spontaneous writing. I think it turned out rather well.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my blogger friends, so go ahead and comment away!