Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Blog #1 - Getting to Know Your Blog or What the Hell am I Doing?

July 14, 2010

Ok, I am going to familiarize myself with Blogger and all its attributes. So far this doesn't look too difficult, although I tried naming my blog before realizing all it wanted was my email address first. I am familiar with facebook, photobucket, stuff like that - this should be a piece of cake, or so I'm hoping. I like to write, after all I am a writer and a poet (don't ya know it - sorry, couldn't resist) and from what I've been reading lately, I must have a blog if I want to be considered a serious writer. I just wrote a novel - I wrote it mainly for my grown-up kids, but I would like to publish it when I complete the editing. When I started researching on how to best go about publishing my masterpiece, I discovered there are new rules out there. First and foremost seems to be - have a blog. Ok, that's done. Next, write and submit things like articles and/or anthologies to as many places as possible - just get the work out there. Winning a few literary contests wouldn't hurt, either. Anyway, the end result is the same. I need to be able to show a literary agent or publisher that I'm serious about my craft. I do have a degree in journalism, so that should help and I did have stories published in the college paper, that should help too. I also have two published poems, might post them later.

Ok, my daughter just informed me that I'm writing a blog, not a novel, so I will close for now. I feel kinda nervous though, I have no idea who will read this and what they will think. I guess putting myself out here will be an interesting experience. If you have read this, thanks for reading and I promise there will be more tomorrow (I have a lot to say - lucky you!), I do think this might be a fun thing to do!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging. I know exactly how you feel right now since I was there not too long ago. Have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my blogger friends, so go ahead and comment away!